Retreat 2019 - Hello Pitta! - August 24th
Retreat 2019 - Hello Pitta!
Date: Saturday, August 24th
Time: 8:30am to 1:00pm.
Cost: Day of $185. / Early Bird Payment $156. [Special Designation Attendee w/ ID $93.]
- 8:40am to 9:20am: Ayurvedic Yoga Pitta Pacifying sequence. [40 mins]
- 9:30am to 11:30am: A dynamic & restoring Group Meditation, Nidra is included. [2 hours]
- 11:40am to 12:00pm: Circle Share. [20 mins]
- 12:00 to 1:00pm: Ending meal & Student Social. [1 hour]
The universe is made up of 7 elements
... Earth, Water, Fire, Air & Space and within the long standing and profound process known as Ayurveda - a special combination from within these 7 make up our individual human-constitution or makes up what's referred to in Sanskrit as our Prakriti [which translates as "original creation"].
Prakriti is our original blueprint and a snap shot of our combined doshas at our very first moment of existence and is thought of as the template for our original and therefore personally ideal state of balance.
When tendencies which exist within the body and mind are expressing themselves in a manner that is causing disturbance, they are said to be in a state of imbalance.
The state of the 3 Doshas [Vata, Pitta, Kapha] in terms of how they are expressing themselves in the body and in the mind (at a given period of time) speaks of our Vrikti. Our Vrikti helps us to understand the imbalances or the symptoms we are experiencing.
As the title of this year's retreat.. "Hello Pitta!" implies, Pitta is the theme and primary focus. Students will be given a uniquely designed Yoga & Meditation practice useful for balancing and pacifying the Pitta Dosha.
- Ayurvedic Yoga Pitta pacifying sequence. [40 mins]
- A dynamic & restoring Group Meditation, Nidra is included. [2 hours]
- Circle Share. [20 mins]
- Ending meal & Student Social. [1 hour]
Please wear comfortable clothing which allows for ease of movement.. if arriving directly from work do bring comfortable clothing to change into. All necessary Mats and props are provided.
Contact us with any questions at all: email@example.com or (212) 518-4576