Meditation: A Beginner's Sport - July 19th
Workshop - Meditation: A Beginner's Sport
Date: Friday, July 19th
Time: 6:00 - 8:30pm
Cost: Day of $55. / Early Bird Payment $45. [Special Designation Attendee w/ ID $40.]
- A Guided 3 Phase Meditation:
Props will be encouraged for use, especially for beginners to enjoy being in physical comfort without added distraction.
They are 2 major styles of meditation and most types of meditation fall under either of these two.
- Focused-attention meditation: Concentrates attention on a single object, thought, sound or visualization. It emphasizes ridding your mind of attention and distraction. Meditation may focus on breathing, a mantra or a calming sound.
- Open-monitoring meditation: Encourages broadened awareness of all aspects of your environment, train of thought and sense of self. It may include becoming aware of thoughts, feelings or impulses that you might normally try to suppress.
Some of the key benefits of Meditation include:-
- Reduces Stress
- Controls Anxiety
- Promotes Emotional health
- Enhances Self Awareness
- Lengthens Attention Span
- May Reduce Age Related Memory Loss
- Can Generate Kindness
- May Help Fight Addictions
- Improves Sleep
- Helps Control Pain
- Can Decrease Blood Pressure
- Our signature products including Teas, Body Care Items & Essential Oil Blends will be available for purchase at a special rate to workshop attendees.
- Ending Circle share with TEA.
Please wear comfortable clothing which allows for ease of movement.. if arriving directly from work do bring comfortable clothing to change into. All necessary Mats and props are provided.
Contact us with any questions at all: firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 518-4576